Sunday, March 14, 2010

Emeryville Public Market


My brother decided that if I am to continue yarn bombing, I need to have a signature tag, like most graffiti artists. So, after getting back to his apartment after bombing the Capitol Building, I whipped up a new tag using "kb" for knitblade. I don't know that I like it, but I'm still playing around with it.

With my new tag, I felt the need to tag something else in California before I left. On our way to the Oakland International Airport, we got off of the freeway in Emeryville to get something to eat. We went to the Public Market, where they have vendors serving an international variety of food.

After eating a very yummy sandwich that was loaded with avocados, we went back to the car to grab my camera and the tag. I sat on a bench next to a wonderful handrail and began sewing it on. Again, my brother kept watch and told me later that we only got funny looks from people rubber necking as they drove by. He snapped some action shots as covertly as he could, by placing the camera on his lap and aiming it where he thought my hands would be. It took him three times to get a good shot.

I can honestly say that before this trip, I didn't know that this place existed... but now it will be a place that I have to visit again. If for no other reason than to see if my tag is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment