Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome to Utah


After leaving California, I flew to Salt Lake City to visit a friend that is near and dear to my heart. She moved away from the Portland area three years ago, and I've made it a point to visit her at least once a year.

On this visit, we decided to take a road trip to Idaho, to visit her brother's newly opened restaurant. We spent the night at her parent's house, and then grabbed some Pickett's Bambinos for the four hour drive back to Salt Lake. The bambinos make for a wonderful meal on the go. A deep fried, cheese filled scone that is stuffed with an assortment of toppings... would be on a short list of things that would make me go back to Idaho.

On the drive back, it was decided that I should tag the "Welcome to Utah" sign on I-15. I wasn't able to measure the pole, so I decided to go with a net-type band that would stretch if my guestimate was off. And, it was.

I sewed the tag in place, while my friend snapped some action shots and semi-trucks honked. I was lucky, though, that even with a limited supply of yarn (orange and turquoise blue) the colors complimented the sign really well. After getting the tag in place, I pushed it as high up as I could... if anything, so that it might stay a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment